ALMH to Host COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic on March 31
Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital will host a COVID-19 vaccination clinic March 31. Pre-registration is required.
This vaccination clinic is part of a COVID-19 vaccine direct allocation pilot program offered by the State of Illinois for critical access hospitals. The purpose of the program is to increase vaccinations in rural areas where access to the COVID-19 vaccine is limited. The single dose Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine will be administered at this clinic and participants must be at least 18 years old.
Vaccinations will be offered to those in three vaccination priority groups: Phase 1A; Phase 1B, Part I; and Phase 1B, Part II.
- Phase 1A includes healthcare workers and long-term care facility residents and staff
- Phase 1B, Part I: Individuals age 65 and over and essential workers. Essential workers include, but are not limited to, the following occupations: first responders, education, food and agriculture, manufacturing, corrections workers, USPS workers, public transit workers, grocery store workers, shelter and day care staff, higher education staff, media, government workers, food and beverage workers, construction trade workers and religious leaders.
- Phase 1B Part II: Persons aged 18 to 64 years with high-risk medical conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19. Conditions include obesity, diabetes, pulmonary diseases, smoking, heart conditions, chronic kidney disease, cancer, solid organ transplant, sickle cell disease, pregnancy and persons with disability.
An appointment is required to participate in the vaccination clinic. Registration opens March 25, at noon. To make an appointment, visit ALMH.org, click on the COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic banner.
For those without internet access, please call 217-605-6500. The call will go to voicemail and someone will call back when an appointment is available to schedule.
Reminders for participating in the vaccination clinic:
- Bring driver’s license or another form of identification.
- Wear appropriate clothing that gives easy access to the upper arm.
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes before scheduled appointment time, and enter through the designated “COVID-19 Vaccination Entrance” doors at the front of Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital.
- You must remain at the clinic for 15 to 30 minutes after the vaccination for monitoring.
- Support persons may be asked to wait in their vehicle. If needed, assistance will be provided by vaccination clinic employees.
- Participants will receive a COVID-19 vaccination card.
- Anyone arriving more than 30 minutes after their scheduled appointment might not be able to receive vaccine on this date.
Future vaccination clinics will be announced by the local media and shared on the social media channels of Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital and the Logan County Department of Public Health.