Our Swing Bed program means you can transfer with confidence from acute hospital care (at ALMH or any other hospital) to Swing Bed care here at ALMH.
As a Swing Bed patient, you will be gradually responsible for daily tasks such as hygiene, bathing and dressing. Your specific goals and length of stay will be discussed by you and your care team. When you no longer require Swing Bed service, the ALMH Case Management staff will assist in arranging services for your needs including home care or outpatient rehabilitation.
Swing Bed services can include:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Bipap or Cpap
- Wound care
- Wound vacuum management
- Blood administration
- Management of central lines
- Feeding tube management (PEG, NG)
- Intravenous medications
- Tracheostomy care
Additional benefits include:
- Private rooms
- RNs on the nursing unit 24/7
- Low patient-to-nurse ratio
- On-site hospital resources including radiology, lab services and pharmacy. You do not need to leave the facility for testing.
- Physicians on-site
- Respiratory therapy available
- A discharge planner
- A registered dietitian
- Activity program
- Caregiver training and education when patient is ready for discharge
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy on-site
For more information about our Swing Bed program, please contact Care Management at 217-605-5307.