Free ACL Risk Assessments
Free assessments are available to Logan County physical education classes, athletic teams and individuals. They only take a few minutes and require minimal equipment. The screenings are available to any elementary, middle and high school student, but particularly those who participate in sports and physical education.
- 150,000 ACL injuries occur in the United States each year
- ACL injuries cost between $17,000 to $25,000 to repair/rehabilitate and significant time away from sports and activities
- 70% of ACL injuries are "non-contact" injuries and may be preventable
- Females are 3-4 times more likely to experience an ACL injury than their male counterparts
- The risk of reinjuring an ACL is 15 times higher than prior to the initial injury
Reduce the Risk of ACL Injury
The Performance Plus Program at ALMH offers group and individual classes. Athletic trainers instruct athletes on how to use correct biomechanics, which can reduce the risk of ACL injuries and also reduce other lower body injuries while improving overall performance.
Contact the ALMH Rehabilitation Department at 217-605-5500 for more information.