The issues affecting seniors are unique and represent challenges we all may face. Declining physical ability, loss of loved ones and isolation can lead to depression, anxiety and other emotions. Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital's Senior Life Solutions, led by Ronald Johnson, MD, is designed specifically for seniors and provides the proper guidance and regular attention of experienced professionals that can lead to an improved lifestyle and overall health.
Consider Senior Life Solutions if one or more of the following apply to you or someone you know:
- Depressed mood
- Unresolved grief
- Anxiety, nervousness
- Isolation or loneliness
- Difficulty coping with health and physical changes
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep or appetite changes
- Feelings of hopelessness or helplessness
- Low self-esteem
- Personality changes
Remember, no one is alone. Senior Life Solutions is designed to foster true healing and a safe return to an optimum lifestyle. Senior Life Solutions offers the following services:
- 6-12 week program, with all day (9am-2pm) sessions available up to 4 days a week
- Confidential treatment
- Group, individual and family therapy with medication management as needed
- Lunch included
- Coordination of care with an individual's primary care physician
- Transportation service included in Logan and Mason Counties
Patients 65 years or older with traditional Medicare B are eligible. Disabled Medicare recipients under the age of 65 may be evaluated for admission.
Referrals to Senior Life Solutions can be made by anyone, and patients are accepted from any living arrangement. Initially, there is a free no-obligation assessment and then a follow-up screening by Dr. Johnson. Individual treatment plans are designed with regular physician and treatment team reviews. Discharge planning and one year of aftercare planning is included for all patients who complete the program.
For more information, please call 217-605-5750.