The Respiratory Therapy team responds to STAT Heart, STAT Lung and Code Blue situations requiring the assistance of a respiratory therapist. Located on the first floor in the Diagnostics area, they are here to help the community breathe easier from motivating smokers to "kick the habit" to teaching patients ways to control COPD and other chronic respiratory ailments.
They provide a variety of inpatient and outpatient pulmonary services and studies including:
- Ventilator management
- Pulse Oximetry
- Nebulizer treatments
- Sleep studies accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Pulmonary Function Lab, same day tests and results may be available
- The Pulmonary Function Lab offers spirometry, pulmonary function tests, PFT with methacholine challenge, methacholine challenge, and a 6-minute walk test.
- Chest Physiotherapy
- CPAP and BIPAP Management
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Individualized smoking cessation
- Asthma control program
To contact the ALMH Respiratory Therapy Department, call 217-605-5111.