Patient Benefits of ALMH Hospitalist Program
- Hospitalists provide patients with improved access to care. They are available 24/7 and specialize in caring exclusively for patients admitted into the hospital.
- Hospitalists communicate and work closely with referring and primary care physicians to ensure a smooth continuum of care.
- Hospitalists work solely at ALMH so they can see patients more than once a day when necessary.
- Hospitalists work with specialists and all departments in the hospital to facilitate quick follow-up on test results and to adjust treatment programs throughout the day.
- Hospitalists ensure at time of patient admission that all patient records are requested and conditions discussed.
- At discharge, the hospitalist communicates with the patient’s primary care physician to discuss further treatment needs and prescribe necessary medication.
- All hospital records will be sent to the primary care physician for additional follow-up.
For more information about the ALMH Hospitalist program, call 217-605-5000.