The moment's come. You're on the way to the hospital, but where do you go?
If you have not already pre-registered and arrive between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays or between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekends and holidays, please register at Central Registration upon arrival. This is located adjacent to the main front and rear doors of the hospital.
If you arrive after 4:30 p.m., go to the Emergency Department to register.
What to Bring
You may wish to prepare an overnight bag to bring to the hospital with you:
- Comfortable sleep wear and/or robe
- Nursing bras, nursing pads
- Socks, footies or slippers
- Personal items including lip balm, hairbrush, toothbrush, lotion, shampoo, makeup, etc.
- Camera, extra film, memory cards and batteries
- Video camera
- Snacks, books, magazines, tablet computer/games for you and your labor coach
- Tools for back pressure
- An outfit for the baby's hospital picture and one for you to wear home
- Baby book (we'll be happy to capture those first footprints for you!)
- Car seat (leave the base in the car)