Janna Shaw, MS, CCC-SLP/L
Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
ALMH's speech pathologist specializes in the evaluation and treatment of a variety of communication and feeding disorders.
Communication-based programs help children produce speech that is easy to understand, to express their thoughts, ideas and needs and to understand language.
Voice programs help reduce vocal abuse behaviors and reduce damage to the vocal cords.
Feeding programs address on swallowing/ oral issues, helping you or your child safely accept a wider range of tastes and textures of foods to achieve optimal nutrition.
Speech therapy programs can also help when injury or illness affects your ability to speak or swallow or impacts your memory or problem-solving abilities.
Speech therapists help you recover by:
- Conducting an evaluation to identify problems
- Customizing a treatment program to address your needs
- Providing therapy services to help you meet your goals
- Recommending adaptive equipment necessary to facilitate communication
- Implementing a home program to maximize the best possible outcome
The speech pathologist at ALMH provides the following services:
- Vital Stim (electrical stimulation to help recover swallowing function)
- Modified Barium Swallow studies
- Pediatric speech therapy for children 3 years and up
- Speech language therapy to children in the West Lincoln Broadwell School District
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Insurance card
- Photo ID
- List of medications you're currently taking
- List of allergies
- List of prior illnesses or surgeries that may relate to your current condition
- A completed consent form - click here to download the form
- Goals you would like to achieve
- Positive attitude